Visique Eye Tests
About Your Eye Examination
The eyes are our windows to the world; in fact almost 80% of all the sensory information our brain receives comes from our eyes. So it stands to reason that looking after the health of our eyes is important throughout our lifetime. Our vision changes throughout our lifetime.
As our eyes develop and grow they may develop common minor vision problems which can easily be detected by an eye test and corrected by your Visique optometrist.
During your examination a health history will be taken. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
An examination in our office takes approximately 30 minutes. This period of time is needed to perform a number of assessments and procedures that typically include:
- A review of your full eye history and current vision or eye problems.
- Questions about your general health and family history of eye diseases.
- Refraction tests (checking the power of your eyes).
- Internal and external eye health checks.
- Glaucoma, cataract and macular degeneration checks.
- Eye coordination check.
- Peripheral vision test.
- Specialised tests such as stereopsis, colour vision and the Amsler Grid.
- A discussion of the best options for you e.g. glasses, contact lenses, surgery, or eye drops treatment.
- Auxillary tests as required e.g. OCT, slit-lamp and/or fundus photography.
During Your Eye Examination
An eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer.
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another.
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions.
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.